Home inspections are a vital part of the home buying process with Ridgecrest, CA homes for sale. Most buyers opt to have one performed by a home inspector. However, what about utilizing a home inspection as marketing tool before a home is placed on the market? There are several ways a seller can benefit from a pre-listing home inspection. Remember...
1. The pre-listing inspection does not take place of the buyer's inspection during escrow.
2. There is less chance the buyers will back out of a sale during escrow if major issues are
discovered by an inspector and repaired before the sale.
3. The seller's disclosures will be more "bullet proof" if accompanied by a written report by a
4. If issues are discovered the seller has more time and opportunity to receive more bids for the
work to be complete, thus possibly saving more money.
5. The seller is in a better negotiating position if any items on the inspection are repaired.
6. If issues are repaired the home will show better and may sell for a higher price.
Other reasons for a seller pre-marketing home inspection exist, but the above points are very worthy of careful consideration when placing a home on the market here in Ridgecrest, California. Give me a call, Clint Freeman at (760) 382-1082. I will introduce you to Russ Matthewson, a licensed contractor and certified home inspector, who will perform a seller pre-listing inspection for you!